Outlaw Solutions & Concepts LLC
Sep 2004 – Present
This started out as a part time business that I conducted on my vacations and free time on weekends it developed into a Full Service Org/ Eng/mfg consulting for the thermoplastic product development Industry in 2014.
I am an innovation facilitator and consultant for product development in small business manufacturing . Those in my profession drive the economic engine of the community, by creating jobs that produce a revenue stream and support the service sector jobs . We use low cost digital manufacturing technologies to help entrepreneurs produce a working model to test their ideas. In addition to teaching design and operation of the equipment, We strive to be a high performance and process improvement coach using cognitive science I gained as an ABD Phd in organizational development focusing on accelerated learning techniques. I not only teach this I use it in my business to provide analysis and risk mitigation of all cost.
Pinellas County Economic Development
2012 – 2015
Vice President of Operations
Modern Technical Molding & Development
Dec 2008 – Jun 2014
- Strategic Consulting, including business plan & sales strategy development.
- Advising new businesses on formation of corporations and business structures, drafting Mfg Procedures and structuring Program Development Transactions.
- Generate new development deals for a Plastic Development companies that focuses on
- Packaging and medical projects, including mold analysis and construction.
Director Of Manufacturing
American Tool & Mold
Dec 2007 – Nov 2008
Served as change agent in bringing company to the next level of organizational performance and win back the customer base they lost. The awarding of large multi-global mold programs was being denied due to previous program being over one year late. Responsible for organizational development of manufacturing floor to prepare plant for major OEM Global programs. Worked with Global molders of pharmaceutical, medical disposables, and packaging. Served as liaison between manufacturing and sales. Reported directly to the President/owner of the Company.
- Previously lost Customer base restored within 11 months
- Transitioning work force to utilize ERP and program management to maintain deliveries and cost.
- Leading change management strategy, which included setting organizational development collaborative meetings and goals, deploying upgrades and training, establishing a cohesive understanding of the process between all departments, and developing quoting module.
- Completing a web site and upgrade to include portal for program management and purchasing new hardware and software to bring it into compliance
- Realigned Inspection Department to report to production to allow for better access of information and scheduling
Director Technical Training and Resource Development
Dec 2005 – Dec 2007
REXAM-PRECISE, St. Petersburg , Florida: An injection molding and mold-making company.
Had corporate responsibility for technical and managerial training development at personal home care and medical plants. Training and development included resource development for new concepts, cost saving in molding and mold-manufacturing processes. This position reported to VP of HR and required extensive travel. We worked with major leaders in the original equipment and manufacturing for, pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical disposables, and packaging and medical device industries. Customer base included Pfizer, Abbott, S.C. Johnson, US Mint, Wrigley’s, P&G, Colgate, and Unilever.
- Through multiple acquisitions the corporation had acquired over 1600 molds which totaled in over 350 million in assets that needed proper care. Established-mold-maintenance audits and implementation of ISO procedures for plants to restore technical competence in mold maintenance.
- Developed energy audit program to help plant identify energy consumption and reduce cost.
- Designed, developed, and delivered, 24 customized seminars for our customers globally.
- Certified 262 employees with SPI certification in Plastics,
- Completed Green Belt (Six Sigma) training;
- Implemented 3 continuous improvement initiatives to address current deficiency in mold programs that had design issues, producing an increase by 30% production through process improvement and minor mold changes.
- Wrote designed and delivered 7 government training grants for plants located in SC. FL, IN, PA & MO. totaling $357k
- Successfully resolved problematic molding in plants as requested with mold or molding-processing issues.
- Wrote dissertation on decision making that was deemed seminal material Developed training to help corporate staff understand the elements in organizational cultural change.
Precise Technology Inc
Apr 2003 – Nov 2005
Held financial responsibility for 4 molding plants specializing in molding for packaging, medical, and industrial molded products. (250 employees). Recruited and selected plant staff. Primary role was mentoring to gain compliance of expectations as acquisition of plants and consolidation initiatives were fragmented. Prepared budgets and helped establish plant goals. This position was restructured and new position of Technical Training and resources development was created to help correct organizational operational competencies in our injection molding business process.
Mold Manufacturing Plant Manager
Oct 2001 – Mar 2003
St. Petersburg, Florida
- Financial responsibility for mold Mfg plant specializing in molds for packaging, medical and industrial molded products.
- Responsible for management of team consisting of, Controller/ Human Resource manager, Engineering Manager, Maintenance Department Supervisor, Production General Foreman, Purchasing Manager, Quality Department Manger
- Responsible for consolidation and relocation of plant
Molding Plant Manager
Precise Technology Inc
Feb 1996 – Oct 2001
Had financial responsibility for molding plant specializing in molding for packaging, medical and industrial molded products. I had 8 direct reports.
- Moved $6M worth of business into our facility using our existing staff and added only 6 additional indirect employees and 9 direct. This entailed relocating molding presses assembly equipment and peripheral equipment from North Carolina to Florida. The profit margin increased from 5% to 15% through overhead absorption. An additional 10 % was realized over a period of three years.
- We met all agreed up goals and objectives every year. Total sale for the 5 year period was over $84M.
- Obtained a 5 year no lost time accident record
- Implemented a there phase automation plan for Downey ball program and an RIO of one year, which produced a direct labor savings of over 11% annually after the cost of the automation was amortized. Program saved over $50,000 annually in labor for the three years which went to our bottom line.
- Led ISO implementation and certification.